I forget. Even though I do it every year, I still forget. I forget what it is like to really ache. We put 250 bales of hay in the barn on Wednesday. It was unusually easy this year - maybe because the weather was a little cooler, in the 70's. I don't know. Last year, after loading one hay wagon, unloading it into the barn was about all I could handle. On Wednesday, we loaded and unloaded 4 wagon loads - just the two of us - just my husband and I. It was TOO easy.
It is Saturday, and my legs, thighs and buttocks still ache. It isn't just sore muscles. They ache deeply, hardly noticeable, but in a way that you can't get rid of, no matter how much I stretch, or how I lay or sit. And sleep....when I lay down, I am instantly ASLEEP.
Most people don't understand this ache. They have no clue what it feels like. After all, I even forget it from one year to the next.
Right now, my son is talking my head off, and I can't concentrate, and every time I hit the apostrophe key, the word search for the web page pops up, and I can't type until I delete it. It must be some kind of virus. So I'm getting frustrated, and I'm going to go. He's still talking.
No comments:
Post a Comment