Wednesday, April 19, 2006

Busy Spring

5 goats had 9 babies by the end of March. That totals 17 mixed breed goats. The sheep were getting out every day, and my husband fixed the fence. We traded 6 good sheep for 2 rolls of woven wire fencing on a barter website. That decreased the shearing load in half, as we have 6 sheep left. 3 of them are still due to lamb.

I just have not felt very passionate about much of anything. This pregnancy is taking its toll on me. I was diagnosed with gestational diabetes, and have to take my blood sugars 4 times/day. I've been managing my diet pretty well, but I haven't been gaining much weight. I feel drained all the time. What's more, I am liking my OB less and less, and am now wishing I'd chosen a home birth with a midwife.

I can't complain too much. My life is not bad. I just wish I could DO more. I am not used to getting winded and tired halfway through everything. I will be so glad when the baby gets here. The kids are old enough to help, and they're being helpful. I'm proud of them.

No comments: