I have a confession to make. My goats obliterated my beautiful garden. Out of all that work, I got not one brussel sprout or kolarabi; not one green pepper. The squash bugs ate the rotting pumpkins. The ducks ate the tomatoes - I finally beat them to one that was changing color. The Jobs Tears fought for survival, but never got very tall before they were grazed again, and again.
There were some successes despite the goats. We got some tomatillos, cilantro and blessed thistle. We had a bumper crop of beets, and harvested a few carrots. We beat the goats to a few beans and some black Aztec corn. So it wasn't a total loss.
Next year, we hope to have a fence around the garden. This isn't a very good picture, but it gives the general idea. I gave up. It may be that Karma caught up with me for assuming I could go public with my garden. Things like that tend to happen to me - it is why I am sometimes afraid to succeed or brag about succeeding. Someone will find it bragging, and get me for it, somehow. This time, it was the goats!
No comments:
Post a Comment