Wednesday, April 13, 2005

Sunny, Dry Spring

The past 2 springs have been wet. Last fall, hurricane Ivan came so far inland that it flooded the Ohio River worse than it's flooded since 1936, and then the river flooded again in January. I think we've been a whole week without rain now! Amazing! We haven't poured new gravel on the farm's driveway for 2 years, and the dust flies up behind the car. I can't remember the last time that happened.

Yesterday we shore our 2 Angora goats. Since last fall was so wet, and I work, there was never a good day to shear, so they had a useless, matted year's growth of mohair. Maybe I'll make a dog bed out of it. It is so sad, because the buck's mohair is SO nice! Curly, crimpy and fine.

We planted a dogwood tree in front of the house yesterday, and another blueberry plant in the garden. I had one that only grew blueberries the first summer I planted it. Come to find out, you have to have -two- bushes to get blueberries. It was probably bloomed when I bought it, hence the first year's success. I am waiting impatiently for my order of fruit shrubs and paw paw trees.

Today I have an ACLS class, and I should be studying. I let my certification run out last year. But now I need CEU credits to keep my nursing license when it's up for renewal this year, and ACLS provides a bunch of credits. Sigh. I'd better get to work. Advanced Cardiac Life Support = rescusciting people. I've had to try that once or twice the past couple of years. So I suppose it is useful.

No comments: