Saturday, September 02, 2006

Farming and Calories

How many calories does it take to shear a sheep?

I haven't shorn any sheep lately. My mother invited me to be an excercise partner on the SELF Magazine website. It is a joke. I did inspire me to use the eliptical for 30 minutes tonight, but do they really think I'm going to log on to their website and record my entire day's diet every day? I don't think so!

I'd be better off keeping a food diary and looking up calories myself on paper.

Pete, the dog, killed 2 more chickens last night. I had a taker for him a few months ago, but last minute, my husband decided HE wanted to keep the dog.

I'm thinking of starting another blog keeping track of my health. Just for the fun of it over time. I've had this blog a long time, and nobody reads it. It's boring. IF I'm going to take the time to publish a blog it should be useful to at least me for something other than a rant site.

Today was the high school football game. It is my daughter's second year in marching band. I worked in the concession stand for the band boosters, so I still have not seen her play in a half-time show yet. My husband babysat. Tonight I sat for a long, long time, holding my baby daughter while I watched "The Fellowship of the Ring" one more time with my 14 y/o daughter. The baby is so beautiful.

Something spiritual is closing in on me; expecting something out of me. It feels urgent. I've been getting feelings lately like I had before 9/11 - like something really horrible is either happening or is about to happen. I know the news says an attack was diverted, but I feel something imminent like then. When I feel this way, I want to distract myself. Excercising is good. I will keep my own diary without the aid of a website that doesn't include calories of Hershey's Kisses.

No comments: