This is my 21 y/o. He asked me, "What is that thing for?" I told him it was the grape arbor. He said, "How come the boards are just laying on top of the posts?" I told him, "Because nobody has nailed them on yet." He said, "That's like a simple job, right? It would only take 15 minutes." I told him that simple jobs were more complicated than he thought. So he set out to prove me wrong, except that he found out that I was right. But my grape arbor is yet more put-together. It has been 3 years since we bought those treated posts. They laid on the ground for one year. Then Bruce and I put 3 of them in. The other 3 went in this spring, and I bought the 2x4's. The garden is right next to the arbor. You'd think with all that time weeding, some time would have been made for the arbor. The goats have eaten most of the leaves off the grape vines for the past 5 summers. It is amazing they are still alive.
My great-grandmother planted those Concord grape vines. I hope to train them to the top of this arbor where the goats will have much more difficulty eating the leaves. This was a memorable day.
No comments:
Post a Comment