Wednesday, March 09, 2005

Little Black Lamb

The last babe of the year has finally arrived today. Rosie had a little black girl. She is so cute, and so sweet. Rosie is the tamest people sheep we have, so the baby of course thinks people are just fine. It is such a relief to be done with it all!
The other two lambs, Sweetie and Cadbury, seem so huge now, compared to the new little girl. Geez, I don't want to sell any of them!

My big, fluffy, Newfoundland, Morgan, wants attention tonight. She follows me and lays down on the floor next to me no matter where I am. I can see why Sacajawia got so attached to the Newfie on the Lewis and Clark expedition, and took extra care of him over the Rocky Mountains.

There is a more than a dusting of snow tonight, and it is cold again - in the teens. I have to work very early in the morning, and ought to be getting to bed. All the animals are fed and bedded down for the night.

No comments: