Friday, March 04, 2005

Surrounded by Tomato Plants

The weather forecaster was WRONG. It is SNOWING! AGAIN! It is going to snow every day, forever, and it is never going to go away. This morning, he said it would get just a little bit cloudy, but no snow; that the snow would stay to the north of us. But on the map, I saw this big huge front waving down from the Northwest, and his line drawn somewhere south of Cleveland. I told my husband when we had lunch at the local diner today, as the clouds were just coming in, that I bet that line would dip a lot further south. I should have gone into weather forecasting.
My husband told me that if people quit saying the weather man was wrong and giving their own forecast, that maybe he'd be right for a change; that people talking about other things happening might be making them happen. I asked him if that was a nice way of saying, "Shut up," and he grinned at me.
Yesterday I told my mom to tell my sister next time she called that I threw away her address. I said to tell her that if she wants a sister, she is going to have to BE a sister. She has not initiated contact with me for 3 years now, and she just complains when I write to her. So it's up to her now. (I don't think she wants a sister, so I've kind of resigned to forgetting about her). I did, in fact throw away her address so I would not be tempted months down the road to try to make amends without some effort.
I am surrounded by tomato plants. We went to Walmart today and bought more 4-inch pots, and a 50-lb bag of dirt. Last night I had bought more peat pots at Lowes. Today I transplanted over 64, mostly the yellow plum cherry tomatoes. I have no more window space in my living room.
My 15-yr-old son is now enrolled for next year in the local public school, and signed up for post-secondary option, provided he maintains a 3.5 GPA or above for the rest of the year. He will only have 2 1/2 years of college left when he graduates from HS. I got all the papers filled out, and took in the birth certificate, social security card, immunization records and visitation modification today.
My daughter's saxaphone is tuned up. She is going to shadow the director at the Towngate Theater in Wheeling for her Gifted and Talanted class, sometime in the next few weeks. I have been pricing plane tickets for Phoenix the past 2 days. I hope to get my nose into some paperwork tonight.
My parents want me to go to Full Gospel Business Men's Fellowship tonight for their dinner meeting, but I'm not going. I don't like getting singled out by his buddies to come up and get "slain in the spirit." Call me wayward. Maybe I'll give the baby goats their second tetanus boosters instead. I have to work the weekend, and this is my last free day for 3 days. So I'm going to enjoy it.

No comments: