Our one Angora doe just kidded. It's a boy too. He is not up on his feet yet, but he has a voice! We milked the doe's thick colostrum and fed him a little; put him up to her teets and made him nurse a little, and dipped him in a warm bucket of water and dried him off. He didn't want to nurse. He's trying harder, but we will see. I don't know if he's going to make it, to be honest. He is very tiny, and almost looks premature - smaller than both dairy goat twins. I think his father was the dairy goat again, but it's hard to tell until he dries off and grows a little hair.
I'm working night shift tonight, and I don't want to leave. I want to bring the little guy in the house and watch him all night.
No comments:
Post a Comment