Tuesday, February 22, 2005

Drugs, Zoe and Midnight

A relative of a relative disappeared, and it had something to do with drugs, and two kitties needed a home. So a few days ago, we took in Zoe and Midnight. There was a 13-year-old girl in the house the same as mine - she went to live with her grandma, who can't have kitties. The kitties must have bonded very strongly to her, because Midnight just wailed when my daughter left for school yesterday. Midnight is a HUGE (as in fat), black 9-yr-old fixed male. He looks and acts like a black Garfield. Someone has loved him very, very much because he is just the nicest cat.
Zoe is a 5-month-old short haired tabby-calico who has adopted the top of my computer screen as a hang-out spot. She's a bit more lively. I think she has burmese in her because she has the biggest, curiousest eyes. She is very playful.
I bought Midnight this cool black&white tiger collar to match his shiny black coat. Zoe got an all black one, and both have bells. They are dingalinging around the house right now, at 2:45 am, like kitties do. The relatives talked like it was permanent placement. They were going to leave these indoor kitties outdoors on a beef farm of another relative. I was missing my 10-yr-old kitty that disappeared in December, so I took them and saved them from the wildish beef farm kitties. I have a hunch that this little girl may want her kitties back if and when she ever gets to a place she can keep them. Meanwhile, they can hang out here.

No comments: