I've been having strange dreams the past two nights. The one two nights ago was most profound. I was traveling with my daughter and our dog - a black cocker spaniel mix. We were going south across a state like WV. We went down this really long, steep hill (more like a mountain) into a town. There was a stop sign at the bottom, and I wasn't sure I could stop, but I did. Then we were looking for a particular road. We went through the stop, and bore right. We went across some RR tracks, and were following a valley. None of the road signs were correct, so I looked for a place to turn around.
There was an old, stone or block church to the left on a creek bottom, across a small bridge. We turned in there to turn around. The church was very familiar, like I had been to it in another dream. Above it was a hill, and I knew there was a trailer park on the hill, so I looked for the trailers, and they were up there.
The parking lot of the church was eroding away into the winding, shallow creek bed. Going up the hill behind the church was a waterfall-like creek. There was a big grizzly bear climbing up the creek bed. The bear was soaking wet. As I backed up and began to pull out, my car went forward into part of the eroded lot, way too fast, and splashed into the creek bed. I was afraid we'd drown, but it wasn't deep enough. My daughter and my dog were scared. The dog didn't bark. The bear came over to the car, and started to rock it to get us out of it, and we hurried up and closed the windows.
Then I woke up.
No comments:
Post a Comment